Skip to content
- 5 lbs pork loin or shoulder
- 6 cups Young Guns Red Chile Sauce
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 gal water
- 3 qt hominy
- 4 cloves garlic, mashed
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 lime, halved
- 1 handful cilantro
- Place meat in a large pot and add water and one tablespoon of salt. Bring to a rolling boil. Cover meat. Cook over medium-low heat for about 1 hour.
- Add all other spices and cook for another 30 minutes; then add Young Guns Red Chile Sauce and hominy. Let simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the additional salt or more if needed for taste. Serve steaming hot.
- Add oregano, lime slices, chopped onion and fresh cilantro on the side.