Skip to content
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 6 tsp butter or olive oil
- 8 tbsp flour
- 2 tbsp red chili powder
- 1 tbsp oregano, crushed oregano
- 1 lb Young Guns Flame Roasted Hatch Green Chile, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, diced
- 1 1/2 qt chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup milk
- Place Young Guns Flame Roasted Hatch Green Chile, onions, garlic, red chili powder, cumin, oregano, and 1 tbs butter or olive oil in a large saucepan.
- Saute until the onions are transparent. Scrape the bottom of the pan while sauteing. Do not overcook.
- Add chicken or vegetable broth and milk. Cover and reduce heat. Allow to simmer for 30 minutes.
- combine the remaining butter or olive oil in a small skillet. Heat, then add the flour. Cook the roux until lightly browned, then stir into the chile mixture. Serve with rellenos or on Huevos Rancheros Verdes.