1 rotisserie chicken, shredded
1/2 cup mild taco sauce
1 tbsp taco seasoning
Green Chile Queso
2 tbsp butter
1 tbsp garlic paste
1 tbsp all-purpose flour
12 oz evaporated milk
1/2 cup Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
1/2 cup half and half
Salt and pepper to taste
18 King’s Hawaiian slider buns
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl, combine shredded chicken, taco sauce, and seasoning. Set aside.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine butter until melted. Add garlic and stir. Next whisk in the flour. Cook for 3-5 minutes. Add evaporated milk and stir until the mixture begins to bubble. Reduce heat to medium low and add in the cheeses. Once cheese is melted add in half and half and stir to combine. Add in Young Guns Diced Green Chile, salt, and pepper. Taste and adjust seasoning.
- If your queso is too thick, add additional half and half. Reduce heat to low and keep warm until assembly.
- To assemble the sliders, place buns on a lined baking sheet. Top bottom half with a spoonful of chicken and queso and add the top bun. Heat in the oven for 5-8 minutes or until the chicken is warm. Remove from oven and add a layer of guacamole and cilantro to the top of the chicken and queso.
- If you like it extra cheesy, serve with a bowl of remaining green chili queso for dipping… why not!